[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
DMF Online • Visa tråd - Speltestsgruppen!

Speltestsgruppen!

Allting som har med gammalt hederligt pappersrollspel att göra. Här listas också trådar för privata spelgrupper.

Re: Speltestsgruppen!

Inläggav bladerunner_35 » fre 23 aug 2013, 13:57

"There is nothing else. Existence is random, has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it to long."

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Användarvisningsbild
bladerunner_35
Auxilia - Tvångsrekryterad

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » fre 23 aug 2013, 15:17

I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
nDervish
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » lör 24 aug 2013, 12:10

I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav Willard » lör 24 aug 2013, 13:33

I think the huscarl concept fits quite well in the group, and I think it'll be fun to play. On the other hand, I've always liked exploration. Could I maybe have that as a "hobby"? Nothing as complicated as multi-classing (even if that were possible), of course, just as something else to do besides sharpening the old axe (or sword or whatever). That'd be even more fun!

On a side note I quite enjoy administrative stuff, and the idea of staying around and "improving" an area around a settlement appeals more to me than that of just wandering around and pillaging. I would also maintain that this can be consistent with an interest in exploration and cartography.

Hearing about the setting I can't help but think of the (old) game "King of the Dragon Pass". Have any of you heard of or played that?
Användarvisningsbild
Willard

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » lör 24 aug 2013, 14:45

nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav Rekreativc » lör 24 aug 2013, 15:28

Hi guyz. As you may have seen in the other topic, Nya SL och nya spelare, I will join you on the 29ths. Here is my idea for a character, let me know how well do you think it fits with the rest of the group. I haven't had time to really look into character creation yet, so I'd be very happy if you can role a character for me.

-----------

Name: Wiglaf Edwinsunu the Wartooth
I am a young, but battle-hardened, Roadwarden. My motivation for the profession is an incident in my youth: My family was travelling to a local trade hub when we were ambushed by bandits. Our family was quite well off at the time, but bandits did more than just take our goods. They took my younger sister Yrsa, who was little more than a toddler at the time and my very favourite sibling. Ever since then I wanted to devote my life to keeping the roads safe, so other families won't have to suffer such horrible fate.

Since then I patrol the roads keeping them safe. I believe in justice, but the incident cursed me with blinding hatred of bandits and outlaws, so my foes are rarely given the benefit of doubt and mercy is almost unheard of.

I fight calculatedly, the battle fills me with an deathly calm and I never allow taunts or jests to sway my judgement. I use a shield and prefer to fight up close, using a shield to block my opponents, tiring them before striking the lethal blow. Those tend to be ruthless and messy, but then again Warhammers never leave a pretty corpse.

-----------------

I quite like the setting so I'm really excited about Thursday!

BTW, since this will be my first time joining you, what's the protocol? Do I bring anything (snacks, something to drink) etc?
Jag vill förbättra min svenska. Om du tänka min post kunde vara bättre, snälla PM mig. Tack!
Användarvisningsbild
Rekreativc

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » lör 24 aug 2013, 15:57

nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav Rekreativc » sön 25 aug 2013, 08:33

Jag vill förbättra min svenska. Om du tänka min post kunde vara bättre, snälla PM mig. Tack!
Användarvisningsbild
Rekreativc

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » sön 25 aug 2013, 11:11

nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav Rekreativc » sön 25 aug 2013, 11:51

Yeah I like the alternative version better. That works great for me, thanks!

So I can trust you to derive a character sheet from this description we've put together? As I've said I've imagined this character to be a slow-fighter, thinking about each move thoroughly and choosing the best action before proceeding. From savage worlds combat survival guide I can see Wiglaf using Smarts and Agility tricks to overwhelm his opponents and called shots to maximize the impact of his actions.
Användarvisningsbild
Rekreativc

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » sön 25 aug 2013, 13:04

nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » sön 25 aug 2013, 16:20

General note for everyone:

I spent some quality time with the Hellfrost Gazetteer last night and decided that the my preferred location for Grimness would be on the northern Heligioland coastline, near the Seithrby border. (You can get a map of the entire northern continent at http://tripleacegames.com/Downloads/Hel ... ssilon.pdf ) The other major contenders were Midmark and Vestmark, but I decided to go with a loosely-confederated area with lots of ruins and assorted monster threats rather than a tradition-bound region in the midst of a conflicted succession (Midmark) or a dying, war-torn nation which has already half-fallen to the orcs (Vestmark/Orcmark). If you guys prefer either of the others, though, speak up!

Character writeup for Willard:

Agility: d6
Smarts: d8
Spirit: d4
Strength: d8
Vigor: d6

Edges
Huscarl - Benefits from lord's Leadership edges; +2 on Kinship table and may request help from lord instead of family; Connection (Lord); Orders (Lord)

World-Wise - May make unskilled Knowledge (Area) rolls for any area; bonus skill points for Knowledge (Area) skills only

Hindrances
Blood Feud (Minor) - No hospitality and -2 Charisma towards opposing family (please detail who the opposing family is, what caused the feud, and how long it has been going on)

Curious - Has to check out everything and always wants to know what's behind a potential mystery

Loyal - Will never leave a man behind if there's any chance he could help

Skills
Boating (Agility) d6
Fighting (Agility) d8
Knowledge (The Freelands) (Smarts) d4
Knowledge (Heligioland) (Smarts) d6
Knowledge (Seithrby) (Smarts) d6
Notice (Smarts) d6
Riding (Agility) d6
Survival (Smarts) d8
Throwing (Agility) d6

Languages: Battletongue, Hearth Elven, Saxa, Trader

Charisma: 0
Pace: 6
Parry: 7 (1)
Toughness: 7 (2)

Longsword (Str+d8)
Short Spear (Str+d6, Reach 1", Throw 3/6/12, 3 owned)
Medium Shield (+1 Parry, +2 Armor vs. Ranged, 3 owned)
Chain Shirt (+2 Armor on torso/arms)
Open Helmet (50% for +3 Armor on head)
500 gs

All of Rafnar's weapons and armor came for free as part of the Huscarl edge and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as necessary for him to have immediately. If there's anything else you want to buy for him, just let me know.

The Knowledge (Area) skills are based on what's near Heligioland. Feel free to select other regions if you want to. Also, either or both of the area Knowledges at d6 can be traded for two area Knowledges at d4 each if you want to spread things out a bit more.
nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav bladerunner_35 » sön 25 aug 2013, 16:43

Just a quick observation - with Spirit d4 Rafnar will likely spend an ungodly amount o' time covering all fearful like after being shaken...
"There is nothing else. Existence is random, has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it to long."

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Användarvisningsbild
bladerunner_35

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » sön 25 aug 2013, 16:55

nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav bladerunner_35 » sön 25 aug 2013, 16:58

Alright. I am working on my char now, hopefully finishing him soonish. Where exacly can I find the "Expansion's rules" of Resources"?

Användarvisningsbild
bladerunner_35

Namn:

Inläggav nDervish » sön 25 aug 2013, 17:12

nDervish

Namn:

Inläggav Willard » sön 25 aug 2013, 20:37

Thanks for putting in the work Dave, that’s a great start. I’ve looked into the rules and have a few changes I’d like to make. I just wrote and lost a pretty long post, so you’ll have to excuse me if I’m a little more direct this time around :)

Let’s scratch the idea of World-wise, it just seems to require too much of a sacrifice. Without that I don’t need d8 in Smarts, and would rather start with d6 in both that and Spirit. Looking at the other edges there’s a lot of cool ones, but I can’t really decide between them, and it seems more useful to just boost the traits with those points instead. So boost both Agility and Spirit to d8.

I’d also prefer Code of Honor to Curious. The rules don’t seem to require any specifics there, but think along the lines of Hávamál (basically really old proverbs on how to be a good Viking, I’ll try to bring my copy) and a deep conviction in those ideas, rather than a couple of vows.

With skills I’d invest two points each (enough to get me d6, I think) in Boating, Ride and Knowledge (Heiligoland, if indeed that’s where Grimness is). Three points each (d8) towards Fighting, Throw and Intimidation. That should sum to 15 points and meet the prerequisites for Huscarl.

I’m not used to detailing back story ahead of time, so let’s just say that the blood-feud is a generations old rivalry between my family (let’s pick a new last name before we start as well, Rafnar is fine but that last name just doesn’t do it for me :) ) and another one back in Grimsness. The original reasons largely forgotten, but if this turns into a campaign I’d be open to exploring that from time to time.
Användarvisningsbild
Willard

Namn:

Inläggav bladerunner_35 » sön 25 aug 2013, 21:01

Användarvisningsbild
bladerunner_35

Namn:

Inläggav Willard » sön 25 aug 2013, 21:50

Thanks for the feedback!

My primary reasoning was that it's the primary trait for both Fighting and Throwing. With only d6 in Agility those skills would be more expensive, and I'd have to drop two points of something else.

More generally I really am pretty interested in that slew of Agility based skills: four out of my six skills already use it, and there are a few others I'd like to acquire along the road. Even if there's nothing else to do with it, that seems like a good enough deal to me.

I have some other thoughts/questions as well:

First on the eternal argument of sword vs. axe. Usually I pick the sword, and that's what comes with the huscarl as written, but here I really get the feeling that Rafnar would prefer an axe. I was thinking of asking for permission to swap the free sword for an axe, but I realize that's pretty silly. I'll just buy one and have both!

Second is the use of miniatures. Will we be doing that? I have a bunch of old Warhammer guys in the basement, I could bring one or a couple if that's going to happen. (Mostly high elves and chaos space marines though, so no perfect fits :))

Third was Wiglaf's desire for taunts and other Smarts based combat maneuvers. Since I'm pretty agile and have a lot invested in intimidation I think that could work well together, I have one (or two) bag of tricks and he another. Seems better than both of us intimidating the same guy, even though I guess that could work if we take turns of shouting/hitting.

Fourth the fact that I as a huscarl am affected by my lord's leadership edges, if any. Not to put any pressure on how you build your character, bladerunner, but you could keep that in mind as you look for that second edge. With no followers they seem pretty worthless, but since I count as your follower it's not quite so bad!

Fifth and last was the second thing about huscarls, +2 on the kinship table. What's that about?
Användarvisningsbild
Willard

Namn:

Inläggav bladerunner_35 » sön 25 aug 2013, 22:04

Användarvisningsbild
bladerunner_35

Namn:

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Rollspel