Saturday 9e June

Sällskapsspel, strategispel och andra brädspel.
Användarens profilbild
lambolt
Auxilia - Tvångsrekryterad
Namn: Lee Ambolt

Saturday 9e June

Inlägg av lambolt »

Hello,

I have been going on about coming to DMF for ages, I think even Anthony at Unispel gave me a card when i first found his shop 2 years ago, and Christian, who buys a lot of my games has invited me many times, and said that I could come along for a first time to check it out and then decide after whether to become a paid member. I hope thats still the case, I have been thinking about coming this weekend, and if not, next weekend "Rafcie" from bradspel is wanting to come with me, so if anyone can give me some directions again and times, I might try to make it this week as my intro.

I'd love at some point to learn the train games, Steam/AoS and even 18xx but I'd also love to find someone to teach and then play Combat Commander with me, for example.

I am also keen on playing Brass (just learned how to play) and I have played (a lot) of Agricola, Le Havre, Caylus and Tigris, be very keen for some multiplayer games of that

I do have a copy of both Antiquity (which I've played 3 times) and Roads & Boats /not played, but I roughly know the rules, and would be up for some of that too, also maybe even setting up some home games if any of you are nice and want to play more often :)

I'm not keen on turning up and just playing any random game, or new games every time, I want to either learn a new game that will be good enough to keep wanting to play, or to play games i know more and more with other players (Petra is often too nice to me).

That was a lot of text. Who are you all, how many of you are there? I use "ldsdbomber" on BGG and bradspel, I am English, though Petra is Swedish, I think my Swedish is pretty good, but I thought Id use english here because Im not sure how good my swedish is compared to "game group talk", i.e. fast, lots of dialects and slang expressions. I can handle Swedish if ni försöker att använda lite enclave sätt liksom och tänker av mig som ett litet engelska barn som behöver hjälp, but of course you all speak perfect english you buggers

I am not just into Euros, I also like some abstracts (Ingenious, Neuroshima Hex), and also AT games (Space Hulk I just ordered), plus loads more. I also buy (and sell, LOL) and buy again (LOL) and sell again (LOLOL) and buy again (etc) lots of games, so I am sure I will be a useful group member if only for that! haha

cheers
Lee
Hampus
Tribunus laticlavius - Ung general
Tribunus laticlavius - Ung general
Namn: Hampus Danielsson

Re: Saturday 9e June

Inlägg av Hampus »

Hello Lee. Christian suggested that we on saturday have a barbeque and watch the football, which would mean that it's a bad time to visit DMF if you are only interested in playing boardgames. Noone has answered him though, so I guess someone has to second that.
Hej och sånt
Användarens profilbild
lambolt

Inlägg av lambolt »

ah crap, I forgot about the football if you can believe that. Well, England don't play until Monday and that's when it really starts.

At work I have both an England and Sweden shirt, if we win, a colleague has to wear the 3 lions all day, while I have conceded the draw, so will wear the 3 crowns otherwise. Also, unfortunately due to a badly advised bet on the Eurovision, I now have to eat surströmming in front of everyone at a planned event some time in the near future. It can't be worse than lutfisk now, can it?

Ah, well perhaps I'll wait for the board gaming to pick up then, in the meantime if anyone is interested in playing somewhat regularly (but not to a hard schedule) here in Lund, then let me know, with Rafcie we are already 2, and if we can get a babysitter, Petra likes to play games too.
Användarens profilbild
Xian
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare
Namn: Christian Henriksson

Inlägg av Xian »

Hi Lee,

nice to see that you've found our forum.

If there's anything specific you want to play I think it might be a good thing for you to post a thread here in the Brädspel subsection with a suggestion of date. If the suggestion is a train game or an 18xx, you will certainly find replies.

If it's Agricola or something similar to that you want to play, there are always gamers who are interested in that as well. However, those gamers aren't as active on the forum so then your luck might be worse.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Användarens profilbild
lambolt

Inlägg av lambolt »

Well I noticed the football doesn't start until 6, but I thought you guys started earlier than that! I was hoping to get a game of Brass in, I have just learned it and started to play online but am very new, just getting used to the rules, but I would love to play. I've taken way too long to come down there, so now I think it's time!
Användarens profilbild
Xian
Namn: Christian Henriksson

Inlägg av Xian »

Well, we're starting at 13.00, but we will have a barbecue as well before the matches begin. But I think you would be able to squeeze in a game of Brass before that. I don't know if everyone is interested in the barbecue or the football either.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Skriv svar