Monday Open Sandbox

Allting som har med gammalt hederligt pappersrollspel att göra.
nDervish
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare
Namn: Dave Sherohman

Monday Open Sandbox

Inlägg av nDervish »

My Monday night booking for the roleplaying room has sat idle for too long. The time has come to put it to use once more!

I currently have two potential setups in mind:
  • Post-apocalypse survival: Fallout/Mad Max kind of stuff. Dealing with blighted wastelands and bandit gangs as you try to build up a town and, eventually, perhaps even carve out a scrap-metal empire. Mutants optional. No widespread zombies.
  • Cynosure: The setting of the Grimjack comics from way back. A transdimensional city and trade hub of the multiverse. Expect conspiracies as the big fish try to control it all, but, really, anything can happen in a place where the laws of physics could change when you cross the street.
And two candidate systems:
  • RuneQuest 6: I've never actually played this system, but, as I read it, it feels like a very good fit for my brain. Since they're both BRP-based, I'd expect notable similarities to DoD (or at least the d100-based versions), but I've never played DoD either, so I can't say how similar they actually are. Given the settings I'm looking at, this would obviously also incorporate the RuneQuest Firearms rules.
  • Other Dust: A stripped-down version of early-edition D&D, designed for post-apocalypse gaming.
If any of that interests you, let's chat here about initial preferences. I'd ideally like to get together for the first time at DMF on Monday, April 13 to finalize the system/setting choices and make characters.

About Myself as a GM: I generally run sandbox campaigns with a focus on the PCs building up something outside of themselves - a town, company, faction, etc. - rather than a preplanned storyline. I also like to have things set up such that characters can easily join and leave at any time, in order to allow for players to drop in for a session whenever they have the time and inclination, in "open table" style.

However, I also suffer from a bit of Gamer ADD, always wanting to try new systems, and would like to find a way to do that without overly disrupting the ongoing sandbox. Maybe take a session off every month or two to try a one-shot of something new?
I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
nDervish
Namn: Dave Sherohman

Re: Monday Open Sandbox

Inlägg av nDervish »

If anyone's interested in pursuing this, post here. Otherwise, it is not happening next Monday due to lack of players and I'll be going back to the drawing board to work up another idea.
I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
Skriv svar