Nya SL och nya spelare

Allting som har med gammalt hederligt pappersrollspel att göra.
Zorg
Praefectus - Adjuntant
Praefectus - Adjuntant
Namn: Joakim Sköldén

Re: Nya SL och nya spelare

Inlägg av Zorg »

Hello Dave!

More GMs are always welcome. There are quite a few roleplayers at the moment, but the problem is that the groups are quite stable. You will probably have to try to jump at any new groups or create your own. You are not interested in other kind of games? Perhaps it would be good if you showed up at our place and talked to people, but even then there is no guarantee that you will find interested people. But if you are patient i belive that you will find a group!

Welcome to DMF!
nDervish
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare
Namn: Dave Sherohman

Inlägg av nDervish »

I have some interest in other types of games and have been dropping by the Clemenstorget game shop for Monday night boardgames maybe once every 2-3 months, but I grew up on Avalon Hill and have a hard time getting into German-style farming games, which seem to be the majority of what they end up playing there. You're right, though - I definitely should make a point of attending some Thursdays/Saturdays to meet people in person.
I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
Användarens profilbild
ArneB
Auxilia - Tvångsrekryterad
Namn: Anders Holm
Kontakt:

Inlägg av ArneB »

Hi Dave! I think some of the players actually do much of their roleplaying in English, so I don't think it's a problem. Hope you can find a group.
Du kanske kan SPELA, men kan du KÖTTA?
Cato

Inlägg av Cato »

I'll stop lurking too. I am also interested in getting another group together to get some more regular games going.
I already have a group which has been playing for years but because of real life commitments it is quite hard to get games going.
I am an experienced gm and gamer. I have played a multitude of systems including free forms etc.
I would actually love to play in a english speaking group because i feel that some games/settings would play out so much better in their native language.
Anyways pm me and we'll see what we can get going.

Sen är jag ju inte främmande för att sl:a/spela i en "vanlig" grupp heller...
Skall försöka ta mig förbi DMF någon dag.

/Charlie.
Användarens profilbild
TobiasL
Namn: Tobias Lönnell

Inlägg av TobiasL »

Hej! Jag skrev här för ett halvår sen, men det kom inte så mycket av det, så jag försöker igen. :)

Jag har varit i Lund i ett halvår nu, och det är helt klart dags att börja rollspela igen. Så jag letar helt enkelt efter en grupp, eller efter andra intresserade spelare. Jag har inte varit spelledare förut, och känner inget behov av att vara det. Finns det dock flera andra spelare men ingen spelledare provar jag gärna. Jag är intresserad av att prova det mesta, men hittills har jag spelat tre kampanjer Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 och en kampanj Call of Cthulhu. Jag är främst intresserad av de två systemen eller Dresden Files (som verkar väldigt intressant), men hittas ingen sådan grupp testar jag gärna något nytt.

If a group could be scrounged up for an English campaign, that would be just dandy. All (4) campaigns I have played in before have been in English, because I was in Scotland at the time. Ideally, I'd love to play or GM a campaign of either DnD 3.5, Call of Cthulhu or Dresden Files.
Användarens profilbild
bladerunner_35
Namn: Björn Söderström
Kontakt:

Inlägg av bladerunner_35 »

TobiasL skrev:Hej! Jag skrev här för ett halvår sen, men det kom inte så mycket av det, så jag försöker igen. :)
Spana in den här tråden: http://www.dmfonline.se/viewtopic.php?f ... 172#p52172

I princip alla grupper/rollspel som startar där är öppna für alle.
"There is nothing else. Existence is random, has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it to long."

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
nDervish

Inlägg av nDervish »

bladerunner_35 skrev:I princip alla grupper/rollspel som startar där är öppna für alle.
And, specifically, you're welcome to join the Hellfrost game I'm currently organizing in that thread, although I also recognize that Savage Worlds isn't one of the systems you've mentioned being interested in. After the trial game, I think it's very likely that Hellfrost will become an ongoing campaign.

If your interest in CoC is mostly for the Mythos rather than tied to the rules, I'm planning to also run a trial game of Achtung! Cthulhu (Nazis calling on Mythos creatures in World War 2, using Savage Worlds rules) once the Kickstarter books have shipped. The books are currently in layout, so hopefully they should arrive sometime in September or October.
I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
Användarens profilbild
Rekreativc
Namn: David Božjak

Inlägg av Rekreativc »

Hello everyone,

My name is David and I just moved to Lund, Sweden. I'm 24 years old and I moved here to accept a job offer (I'm a computer programmer). If you'd like to know more about me here is my blog where I write about moving to Sweden: http://www.helpmemovetosweden.com

I used to play Pathfinder with my group back home, and now I'm wondering if there are any local groups I could join. While I'm learning Swedish I'm afraid I'm nowhere near fluent, so I'd be interested in English speaking games.

The game doesn't necessarily have to be Pathfinder, I'm also open to other games with a similar mechanic.

If there aren't any games I could join I might start running my own campaign. I haven't tried myself in the DM role yet, but I have been toying with the idea for some time now. Would anyone be interested in a English speaking campaign?

If anyone is interested please let me know!
Jag vill förbättra min svenska. Om du tänka min post kunde vara bättre, snälla PM mig. Tack!
Zorg
Praefectus - Adjuntant
Praefectus - Adjuntant
Namn: Joakim Sköldén

Inlägg av Zorg »

Hello Dave!

It's always nice with new roleplayers =)

We have a couple of groups playing regularly, and lots of players in those groups. The problem is that most of them are quite stable and arent looking for new players. But new groups start once in a while so i think you'll find something sooner or later.

Personally im just starting a Pathfinder group where we are going to play the Kingmaker AP. You'r not very luck though, i found my new players just a couple of days ago. But i might be able to squeeze in an extra one, no promises though. I'll have to talk it through with people, and roleplaying in english can break the immersion quite a bit if you arent completely comfortable with the language. So most probably we'll be doing it in swedish with the poeple i have already, but we'll see.

I recommend you to search for people at rollspel.nu too , they are a pretty big roleplayingsite here in Sweden, you might find someone there. But if you'll stick around here you might find someone sooner or later. We have lots of friendly members so if you like other games you should head down at any of our gaming nights, it never hurts to know people when you are looking for a group.

Welcome to DMF!
Användarens profilbild
TobiasL
Namn: Tobias Lönnell

Inlägg av TobiasL »

Rekreativc skrev:If anyone is interested please let me know!
Hi! I've played a lot of 3.5, so if we could get a group together to play Pathfinder in English, I'll happily make the jump over to Pathfinder.
Användarens profilbild
bladerunner_35
Kontakt:

Rekreativc skrev:Hello everyone,

My name is David and I just moved to Lund, Sweden. I'm 24 years old and I moved here to accept a job offer (I'm a computer programmer). If you'd like to know more about me here is my blog where I write about moving to Sweden: http://www.helpmemovetosweden.com

I used to play Pathfinder with my group back home, and now I'm wondering if there are any local groups I could join. While I'm learning Swedish I'm afraid I'm nowhere near fluent, so I'd be interested in English speaking games.

The game doesn't necessarily have to be Pathfinder, I'm also open to other games with a similar mechanic.

If there aren't any games I could join I might start running my own campaign. I haven't tried myself in the DM role yet, but I have been toying with the idea for some time now. Would anyone be interested in a English speaking campaign?

If anyone is interested please let me know!
I am playing various roleplaying games in a loose group. We try a lot of different games and are now gearing up to try Hellfost/Savage Worlds. We take all comers in our group so if you want to try us you can join the 29th. We are always on the lookout for more players!

You can find more info here (we've already got another english speaking programmer in our group so we play in english): http://www.dmfonline.se/viewtopic.php?f ... 213#p52213

/björn
"There is nothing else. Existence is random, has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it to long."

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
nDervish

Inlägg av nDervish »

bladerunner_35 skrev:I am playing various roleplaying games in a loose group. We try a lot of different games and are now gearing up to try Hellfost/Savage Worlds. We take all comers in our group so if you want to try us you can join the 29th. We are always on the lookout for more players!

You can find more info here (we've already got another english speaking programmer in our group so we play in english): http://www.dmfonline.se/viewtopic.php?f ... 213#p52213
I'd recommend starting with the post at http://www.dmfonline.se/viewtopic.php?f ... 213#p52108 instead, since that's where I described Hellfrost and what I want to do with it.

Like Björn said, we're always happy to take on new players (we have three + GM for Hellfrost so far, one of whom hasn't played with us previously). The only problem I can see is the potential for confusion over which Dave/David people are talking to. (Two Davids... both English-speaking... both programmers... one is 24, the other is 42... Spooky!)
Användarens profilbild
Rekreativc

Inlägg av Rekreativc »

I'd love to join you on the 29ths. PM me the details and I'll be there :)

A bit more about me game-wise: My default playing style used to be Warrior (Tank), but after a few campaigns I've gotten bored with it so for the last year or so, I played the Pathinder's Bard. I liked the fact that it didn't have a predefined role and I could let my imagination run wild.

EDIT: That being said I'm more than happy to feel any role that's left, especially for a "test game."

I will definitely read up on the link you provided. I have found a players guide online, I just hope it's the right version.

As for the two Davids... I suppose I can yield the name to my elder and you can find something else to call me :)
Jag vill förbättra min svenska. Om du tänka min post kunde vara bättre, snälla PM mig. Tack!
Användarens profilbild
bladerunner_35
Kontakt:

Rekreativc skrev:I'd love to join you on the 29ths. PM me the details and I'll be there :)

A bit more about me game-wise: My default playing style used to be Warrior (Tank), but after a few campaigns I've gotten bored with it so for the last year or so, I played the Pathinder's Bard. I liked the fact that it didn't have a predefined role and I could let my imagination run wild.
Just to be clear (and hopefully avoid any confusion or disappointment); most, if not all the roleplaying games we play is very far from D&D/Pathfinder. Savage Worlds has a certain crunch with good possibility for tactical combat but I imagine it's still a far cry from what you are used to.

Because of this you do not need to worry about filling any particular role. It is easy enough to make a heavy combat oriented character and I am sure Dave will whip one up for you in no time, if that's what you want to play. But generally we just come up with some sort of concept and run with it (assuming it works within the confines of the game/setting).

Here you can find the core rules in a nutshell: http://home.earthlink.net/~djackson24/SWnutshell.htm

Don't worry, they're pretty straight-forward.

For instance I am playing the son of a noble who has been far abroad for many years, only now returning after finding out his father died and his evil uncle claimed his rightful inheritance!

There will be no one tanking, healing or supporting. There will be an odd group of unlikely heroes struggling to get by! ;)

Användarens profilbild
Rekreativc

Inlägg av Rekreativc »

Thanks for the warning; I just want to clarify that I don't really want to focus on the D&D/Pathfinder part of my post. I'm happy to try any RPG setting, I just pointed that out since I have experiences with it. I'm sure HEllfrost will be great fun.

I'm reading the rules and player guide as I type this, hopefully I will be familiar with the system by Thursday. But having the benefit of a pre-made character for a test game sounds great!
nDervish

Inlägg av nDervish »

Rekreativc skrev:I'd love to join you on the 29ths. PM me the details and I'll be there :)
All the game details that have been discussed so far are in the thread that I linked in my earlier reply, including one of the other players' character, so you can see what a Savage Worlds character looks like.

The one thing not mentioned explicitly is that we'll be playing at DMF's location, in the basement of Stenmästarevägen 7B.
Rekreativc skrev:A bit more about me game-wise: My default playing style used to be Warrior (Tank), but after a few campaigns I've gotten bored with it so for the last year or so, I played the Pathinder's Bard. I liked the fact that it didn't have a predefined role and I could let my imagination run wild.
So far, we've got Björn's noble leading the group, a skald who's been singing his praises, and a veteran huscarl from his retinue. You can choose any kind of viking archetype you like to go along with them and I'll write up the stats for you. Your character should either be someone who has been adventuring in far-off lands with the others for the last several years or a crewman from the boat sent to find them and return them to the northlands.

And you should probably post your character ideas over in the other thread ("Speltestsgruppen!") so that we don't completely take this one over. :D
Rekreativc skrev:I will definitely read up on the link you provided. I have found a players guide online, I just hope it's the right version.
If it's not Savage Worlds Deluxe (the current version), it's almost certainly Explorers Edition (the previous version). The changes from SWEE to SWD were pretty minor, so it shouldn't matter which you have. They're so similar that they haven't bothered updating any of the Hellfrost materials from SWEE to SWD yet and I don't think there are plans to do so any time soon.

Aside from rules quickstarts and so on, the other thing I'd recommend reading in advance is the Combat Survival Guide reference sheet. Savage Worlds gives you a lot of options aside from "hit him" in combat and the Combat Survival Guide helps with deciding which one to use in different situations.
Användarens profilbild
Rekreativc

Inlägg av Rekreativc »

Ok, got all that, thanks. The last piece of information I need is what time do we start (or meet)? The rest I'll post in the other thread!
nDervish

Inlägg av nDervish »

Rekreativc skrev:Ok, got all that, thanks. The last piece of information I need is what time do we start (or meet)? The rest I'll post in the other thread!
18.00 / 6pm
Användarens profilbild
BacMacon
Namn: Thomas Green

Inlägg av BacMacon »

Vi letar fortfarande - har annons ute: "Spelare efterlyses".

Hör av er om intressant.

=)
Användarens profilbild
Gunslinger
Namn: Markus Kruse

Inlägg av Gunslinger »

Hej hej, första posten här.

Jag söker spelare (2-3 st) för ett kort äventyr via google docs (eller, om samtliga föredrar det, roll20.net). Jag kan ta mig till Lund också för att vi ska träffas ibland IRL, men huvuddelen av spelet blir nätburet. På grund av barn och sånt har jag inte jättemycket tid men tanken är en fast tid varje vecka med spel från 8 eller 9 på kvällen fram till elva.

Om alla gillar formen vi spelar efter ser jag jättegärna en fortsättning efter de fyra fem första spelmötena som blir ett avslutat äventyr.

Spelvärlden är fantasy-egypten med avlägsna gudar, vilda nomader, härdade bönder, torra öknar och ångande djungler. Reglerna är hyfsat enkla men inte helt avskalade. Komplett regelbok, inkl värld är 200 sidor a5 (den finns som pdf). Regelgrunden är att man slår under sin färdighet med 1T20. Man blir bättre genom att ta risker. Färdigheterna är breda men mycket går ut på att de specialiseras med förmågor. Om det ska placeras i ett fack blir det neotrad.
Skriv svar