Internal Corruption (D&D 3.5) Recruiting as of 2015-02-10

Allting som har med gammalt hederligt pappersrollspel att göra.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka
Auxilia - Tvångsrekryterad
Namn: Tobias Lonnell

Internal Corruption (D&D 3.5) Recruiting as of 2015-02-10

Inlägg av Phouka »

(See final page for recruitment)

Hi all! I'm seeking to start up a new group to play either Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 or Call of Cthulhu. I would be the dungeon master for this group (unless someone else really wants to/at least for the first campaign). I have not booked the room or decided on a particular day of the week, since we'd have to find something that works for everyone. (I also haven't been very active in DMF, so I'm not technically a paid member yet)

I'm Swedish, so if all interested players speak Swedish that's the language we'd play in, but I've studied and role played in Scotland, so I'm more than happy to run a campaign in English if that's necessary. I learned to play in Scotland, so Swedish terms sound weird to me.

Because I'm active in politics the campaign would not properly start until after the election in September, but I figure starting the thread a month early will give more people the chance to express an interest.

I'm 25, but happy to play with all ages. I'm also happy to help anyone who doesn't know the system learn it, and hopefully the mechanics will enrich the roleplaying rather than get us swamped down in details. Anyway, munchkins will meet munchkin NPCs.

If you are interested, please reply with any questions or suggestions you might have. The exact tone of the campaign will of course depend on the group's collective wishes, but note that Call of Cthulhu is fairly dark, while DnD 3.5 is very flexible. The campaign will very likely be low leveled, at least to start with.
Senast redigerad av Phouka den tis 10 feb 2015, 16:15, redigerad totalt 3 gång.
Användarens profilbild
Hornet
Namn: Ola Hornemark

Re: Starting up a new group (recruiting players)

Inlägg av Hornet »

Jag skulle faktiskt kunna tänka mig att börja spela på DMF igen, om dagarna och tiderna passar mina övriga åtagande.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Vad trevligt! Jag fick ett PM också, så vi har två som är intresserade. Om vi hittar 1-3 till kan vi börja fundera på vilka dagar och tider som fungerar för alla. Jag studerar, men har inte sett mitt schema än, så än så länge vet jag bara att jag är ledig de flesta kvällar. Har du någon preferens mellan D&D 3.5 och Call of Cthulhu?
Användarens profilbild
Svullom
Namn: Alexander Larsson

Inlägg av Svullom »

Jag hade kunnat vara intresserad av att köra lite Chtulhu.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

I will go to the boardgaming tomorrow. If any of you or anyone else wants to talk a little about maybe playing, I'll be the guy you have seen somewhere between zero and three times before.
Användarens profilbild
Hornet

Inlägg av Hornet »

Hur blir det?
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Jag vill fortfarande spelleda en kampanj. Den kan inte starta förrän efter valet, men som det ser ut nu har vi tre intresserade spelare. Det vore kanon om vi kunde hitta en eller två till, men tre ska nog gå annars. Eftersom en av er bara var intresserad av CoC ser det ut som att det blir det vi spelar. D&D blir lite svårt med bara två spelare, nämligen.
Användarens profilbild
Hornet

Inlägg av Hornet »

CoC funkar... men kan det verkligen vara så att vi har så ont om sugna spelare på DMF?
Bumbi

Inlägg av Bumbi »

Hej

Jag skulle kunna tänka mig DoD. Inte någon större erfarenhet med just detta rollspelet. Mestadels spelat Drakar o Demoner själv. Jag hade gärna hittat en rollspelsgrupp för att uppleva roliga kvällar med.

Rikard
oojama

Inlägg av oojama »

Hi! I would also like to join this role playing group (If the language would be english). However, I do not have experience in playing these games.
Användarens profilbild
Luke
Namn: Luke Puchner-Hardman

Inlägg av Luke »

Hello!
I'm also interested in joining. I've only played D&D but wouldn't mind learning Call of Cthulhu.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Hello new people! I can easily handle a game in English, so if all the Swedish players are ok with that we will simply switch to playing in English.

As we have one player who only said they were interested in D&D and one who only said they were interested in CoC, I'm deciding we go with D&D, since I'm somewhat more familiar with that system.

If everyone is still interested, we should try to find a day/evening that works for everyone. I'm not sure when the locale is full and when only one room is occupied, so not all days may be available. How would Wednesday evenings, Friday evenings or Sunday [any time] work for everyone? I can likely make room some other day, but in the best of worlds I would get you to pick one of these three.

I have pretty much all of the D&D 3.5 books in digital form, and am happy to share, but as we have new players with us I will adjust to them and not venture too far into the madness of splatbooks to start with. We all have to begin somewhere. If we can find a day that works I think we should meet up and discuss what everyone wants out of the game. I am also happy to help the new players build their characters, and I can bring character sheets. We can also begin playing on the first meet up, but expect an hour or two to be spent figuring out what everyone will play and building characters for the new players.
Användarens profilbild
Arcturus
Auctoritas - Moderator
Auctoritas - Moderator
Namn: Filip Danielsson

Inlägg av Arcturus »

http://www.dmfonline.se/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3145

Check out this thread for available timeslots in the roleplaying room. There are also phone-numbers for the current holders of the timeslots so you can check if they are using the room.

Arcturus
Your friendly neighbourhood Mod
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence
Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without having to fight
nDervish
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare
Namn: Dave Sherohman

Inlägg av nDervish »

That post needs to be updated. Mirwouk had said (in-person conversation) that he was putting me in as having the room on Monday nights, but that doesn't seem to have made it onto the forum. Not that it's immediately relevant, since it doesn't look like Monday is one of the nights this new group is considering.
I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
Bumbi

Inlägg av Bumbi »

Going by the english language is fine by me.

I suggest Phouka to decide a date when we can meet a first time. At this meeting, we could talk about regular days when we can get together which would fit the group best.

I would be interested in some digital books, to get some beginning information.

Rikard
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

I will contact the listed people and ask when we can be there.

I will bring the digital books to all our meetings, so simply bring an external harddrive or a laptop (or even a USB stick) and I'll give you all the books you could want. If anyone wants to look up some rules on their own, they should be pretty easy to find online. I do know physical copies are hard to find, because the company that made them have moved on to crappy new editions that we will never talk about. The rules we will use is the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 system, with a few very minor tweaks that pretty much everyone use. Roleplaying is more important than rollplaying, though I will try to make sure you all have characters you enjoy and feel useful playing.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Alright. I checked with the Wednesday group, and while the dedicated roleplaying room will be occupied, he said the boardgaming room is just about always available. So... we can use that.

Do Wednesday evenings work for people? And are we happy to have a first meeting next Wednesday? It would be mostly a character building session and explaining the rules, but we can also start the actual roleplaying, so you get a feel for it. While D&D does have a lot of rules, we can ease into them as we go, in particular as it all mostly boils down to rolling d20s and you will all be able to focus on the small chunk of rules that govern your own class.
Användarens profilbild
Luke
Namn: Luke Puchner-Hardman

Inlägg av Luke »

I am available all Wednesday evenings and look forward to the first meeting.
Is this the same boardgaming room that is used on Thursdays?
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

I assume so.
Bumbi

Inlägg av Bumbi »

Wendsdays are generally fine by me. However, I am unavailable the first of october.
Skriv svar