Internal Corruption (D&D 3.5) Recruiting as of 2015-02-10

Allting som har med gammalt hederligt pappersrollspel att göra.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka
Auxilia - Tvångsrekryterad
Namn: Tobias Lonnell

Re: Starting up a new group (recruiting players)

Inlägg av Phouka »

Roger that. Would you like to meet up for a fika at some other time before the second session? If we get started with the campaign I'll make sure all the important info/the other characters' classes are listed on the forum.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

I should specify a time. The other group meets at 18:30, so for our first session, I suggest we do the same. After that we can look into fixing a regular meeting time.
Användarens profilbild
Gustav
Custos Castrorum - Nyckelbärare
Namn: Gustav Weberup

Inlägg av Gustav »

I'm playing in the other group on Wednesdays and we are moving our next meeting to Thursday the 2nd due to MFF playing Champions League the 1st. So the room will be free but unless you have someone with a key you won't get in.
"Dom serverar mutanter!!!" - Abel fån Schnitzel, lagvrängare extraordinaire
nDervish
Namn: Dave Sherohman

Inlägg av nDervish »

Actually, my 1800 Monday group will be playing on Wednesday this week and taking the spot cleared by Gustav's rescheduling. I have a key and usually seem to get there around 1730 or 1745.

So it looks like it will work out fine, if in a somewhat convoluted way.
I post in English, but can read Swedish. When replying to me, either language works.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Alright guys, to recap: First session is tomorrow Wednesday! The time we said was 18:30. Please do not be late. I will bring character sheets, but in time you will probably find it easier and more convenient to store your character sheet on your computer/online, what with how easy it is to lose a sheet of paper. What I will not be bringing for everyone is dice, since I only have enough for one person, so if you have our own dice that will speed things up somewhat. Also, all cool people have their own dice.

(If you don't have any we'll make do, but consider getting some in time).

I will also bring all the books you could ever want in digital form, so if you bring a laptop or external harddrive I'll be happy to give them to you. You don't absolutely need the books, but they will make it easier for you to fantasize about how cool your character will eventually be. If they live that long.

I hope we'll be able to get started on the actual campaign tomorrow, but I know not everyone has played before, and I'm very happy to help you build your character and to explain the basics rules wise. We will probably take a few shortcuts rules wise, just so it's not too much to take in in one go.

If you get lost on your way there my number is 0721594167. My name is Tobias.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Re: Internal Corruption (D&D 3.5)

Inlägg av Phouka »

The first session is complete.

The party so far consists of a dodgy human rogue from the far East and an Elven Wizard. And I suspect soon a Druid as well.

Recap for those who could not come: Far out in the middle of nowhere there is a village surrounded by forests. The village is called Blackwood. 18 months ago a bunch of adventurers showed up, found a mysterious cave, and looted it. Then they left. Soon after people living near the village started disappearing, often leaving behind claw marks and a lot of blood. The village cleric eventually put up a bounty for anyone who could rid the village of this monster or whatever it is. The most common speculation is that it's something the adventurers awoke in that cave.

The party investigated the cave, slayed a queen sized bed and discovered a hidden trapdoor, leading to a ladder down into darkness.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Alright, guys. Second session tomorrow at 18:30. This week there will be four players.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Thank you for a good session!

While not all is clear, it appears the machinations of the villainous Eska have been stopped, and the evil mayor paid with his life. Priest Caries has accepted temporary leadership in Blackwood, and has started selling off Eska's and mayor Thompson's possessions to help rebuild the farms that were neglected or robbed when people moved into the village.

You'll get to a city next time, at which point you'll have 4000 gold each to spend, so if you could do that ahead of time that would be nice.

Luke, the rest of the group agreed we'd try to meet this Sunday for the next session - does that work for you?
Användarens profilbild
Luke
Namn: Luke Puchner-Hardman

Inlägg av Luke »

Sunday works fine.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Great. We won't be at the usual place. We will be at Ideon Gateway, the really large, colourful building that's visible from most of Lund. We meet at 13:00 near the entrance. We have not decided on a time to break it off, so I guess we'll play until someone has had enough/needs to leave.

To everyone: I would prefer we not have too long a food break in the middle of playing, so if you could bring something to eat rather than leave to find food, that would be nice.
Bumbi

Inlägg av Bumbi »

Hello,

I reckon I won't be able to make it this Sunday. However, Wednesday will be fine by me.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Wednesday it is. 17:30 alright for everyone?
Användarens profilbild
jeronimo
Namn: Jeroen De Jonghe

Inlägg av jeronimo »

I seem to remember hearing that we 'd only be able to have the room from 18.30h

however, I can't see the trees trough the forest (or the forest trough the trees building my paladin (information overload) so if we could meet earlier and you could assist me, that would be great... (I'll assume we can meet in the lobby downstairs)
Användarens profilbild
Luke
Namn: Luke Puchner-Hardman

Inlägg av Luke »

Sorry for the short notice but I won't be able to come to D&D today.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Adventure! Infightning! A small child from the Plane of Shadows, which promised not to eat people! Was the Paladin right, or just paranoid again? Tune in next week, for an exciting new installment of Internal Corruption, only in Lund!

The party is now level 5, and yes the Paladin broke into Luke's bag and killed the zombie. Very sad. Luke, if you have any particular plans or wishes regarding a prestige class, feel free to PM me about them so I can adjust events going forward.
Bumbi

Inlägg av Bumbi »

The paladin behind bars is a memorable thing.

Shall we continue the 26 of October at 13:30?
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Sunday sounds good. Is there anyone who can't make it on Sunday?
Användarens profilbild
jeronimo
Namn: Jeroen De Jonghe

Inlägg av jeronimo »

I'll be there!
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

I will be just a few minutes late. This is because the buss schedule offers me a choice of being three minutes late or half an hour early.
Användarens profilbild
Phouka

Inlägg av Phouka »

Another session complete, and the party is now level six. A possible cause has been found as to why everyone in Blackwood appeared Evil to the Paladin's eyes. Undead creatures the size of goblins stalk the woods surrounding Blackwood, attacking anyone foolish (or brave) enough to travel at night, feeding on their blood and implanting them with a strange parasitic tissue that... Doesn't seem to do very much. It's probably harmless.

The king of Genem thanks the party for their assistance in preventing his assasination.

The undead invasion of Izalin has stepped up in severity, and the city of Sissyfus has cause to be thankful for the party's help in repelling several powerful creatures. Not so lucky was the city's general, who is rumoured to have been killed the night after receiving the party's account of the creatures stalking Blackwood.

The session ended with our heroes setting course once more for the village where it all began. Passing through various border towns on the way there you will have come across posters bearing the following message:
By Decree of your King,

A possible source of the undead plague has been discovered by Heroes of the kingdom. A plague originating in the contested lands near the Amis mountains has left much of its population passive carriers of a parasite of unknown origin. Carriers appear healthy but may present a Danger to Us All. If you know anyone who has lived or travelled in the Contested region in the last five years, please report them to your local authorities so they can be quarantined until cleared by the kingdom's priests. A reward of 10 pieces gold is offered to anyone who can provide the exact location of a carrier. If you suspect you yourself may be a carrier, please report instantly to your local authorities for a free health check up. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The usual reward of five pieces gold is offered to anyone who turns in a person suspected of harbouring Fugitives of the Law.

For Izalin, by order of the King,
Alliace, High Priest of Izalin and Tiamat.
The Amis mountains, of course, is that mountain chain that lies East of Blackwood, and the contested region is the one surrounding the village.
Skriv svar